Understanding SharePoint administrator roles and responsibilities is very important. You might be thinking what are actually sharepoint admin responsibilities tasks list are. What are administrative support duties. Sharepoint administrator responsibilities categorized as daily task, weekly task and monthly task.
sharepoint administrator daily tasks list
Follow the list of daily tasks that are part of SharePoint administrator roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure that the daily backup completed successfully.
- Analyze and respond to backup warnings and errors.
- If custom solutions are part of the backup plan, verify that they completed.
- Review the scheduled and important timer jobs and verify that they are completed successfully.
- Check CPU and Memory Used.
- Examine the % Processor Time performance counter.
- Examine the Available MBs performance counter.
- Examine the % Committed Bytes In Use performance counter.
- Check against a performance baseline to determine the health of a server.
- Check Disk Use.
- Check disks with transaction log files.
- Check disks with trace log files.
- Check other farm server disks.
- Use server monitors to check free disk space.
- Check performance of disks.
- Review the event logs.
- Check the trace logs.
- Review the security logs for any unauthorized activities or failures.
- Check the ULS logs.
- Respond to discovered failures and problems.
- Check IIS – IIS Logs and Performance.
- Review System Monitor for IIS performance and examine the output of performance counters.
- Verify that the application pools have enough memory and check if they are running correctly.
- Look for recycle events and memory leaks.
- Ensure that the application pools are recycled every day.
- Review the SharePoint Health Analyzer messages.
- Check the size of the site collections.
- Check the number of site collections per content database.
- Check the size of the content database.
- Check health reports.
- Check diagnostic logs.
- View the security event log and investigate unauthorized changes.
- Verify that SharePoint Server and the required Windows services have started correctly.
sharepoint administrator weekly tasks list
Follow the list of weekly tasks that are part of SharePoint administrator roles and responsibilities.
- Confirm that the backups can be successfully restored.
- Review database sizes to ensure that they are in the expected ranges.
- Capacity reports.
- Queue use, size, and growth.
- Growth of SharePoint site collections being created.
- SharePoint database maintenance.
- Check and compose IIS logs.
- Check and compose SharePoint ULS logs.
- Record, review, and compare the set of installed features with the previously recorded set.
- Confirm that all changes were authorized.
- Review, record, and compare SharePoint policies with the previous set. Confirm that all changes were authorized.
- Check to make sure the Farm Administrators group contains authorized personnel.
- Create reports specifying your findings.
sharepoint administrator monthly tasks list
Follow the list of common monthly tasks that are part of SharePoint administrator roles and responsibilities.
Now you understood exactly what does a SharePoint administrator do.
Categories: Health, Performance, sharepoint server
Leave a Reply