collect and analyze uls logs fiddler traces verbose logging enabled is one of the most common sharepoint administrator task. If there is an issue in accessing site, webpart in sharepoint page, data source connection, application, we can follow this . We collect uls logs, capture fiddler traces by enabling verbose logging. In this post I will share the step by step process to enable verbose using powershell, debug or capture fillder trace or https traffic.
we need to follow these steps as below:
- Run fiddler
- Enable verbose logging in sharepoint server
- Create new log file in sharepoint server.
- Access the site having issue
- Create log files new.
- Disable verbose logging.
- save fiddler trace all session
collect uls logs fiddler traces verbose step by step
- Close all browsers.
- Run fiddler to collect fiddler trace or capture https traffic.
- Run sharepoint management shell as an administrator.
- Enable verbose logging applying powershell command below.
Set-SPLogLevel -TraceSeverity VerboseEx
- collect uls logs, new log file running below command in all sharepoint servers
- Remove all sessions from fiddler.
- Access sharepoint site now.
- Run below command in sharepoint management shell in all sharepoint servers.
- Disable verbose now by running command below.
- Save the fiddler trace results.
File -> Save -> All Session
You can follow the post “Log management using powershell” to get more details about management of uls logs in sharepoint 2019.
Follow the video to get steps in detail for better understanding.