unattached content database – recover contents list library from is required while moving list or library as content migration. You can recover files from content database that is not attached to any web application in sharepoint 2019. Recovering data from content database unattached will restore only specific list library in sharepoint site. Follow the step by step procedure to recover list library from sharepoint content database not attached.
- Navigate to central admin in sharepoint 2019.
- Select “Backup and Restore” from left navigation and click on “Recover data from an unattached content database” present under “Granular backup”.
- Select “Database Server”.
- Select “Database Name” which is unattached to any web application.
- select the radio button “Export site or list”, if you want to export list or library from unattached content database.
- Choose radio button “Backup site collection” to export site collection from content database unattached.
- Select site collection present in the unattached content database.
- choose site from the site collection selected above.
- Select list or library that you want to recover or restore.
After that, follow the same procedure described in previous post “export import list library sites in sharepoint” to import list or library described once export is completed.
Import-SpWeb -Identity "site url in which you want to import list" -Path "exported item saved location" -IncludeUserSecurity -UpdateVersions Overwrite -verbose Import-SpWeb -Identity "site url in which you want to import library" -Path "exported item saved location" -IncludeUserSecurity -UpdateVersions Overwrite -verbose
watch the video to get in detail step by step
Categories: administration, backup restore in sharepoint, document library, Migration, powershell, powershell command, sharepoint server
Leave a Reply