You can Enable administrative actions log when you face any issue in sharepoint 2019 servers happens due to administative changes. Administrative actions log captures events related to below action categories.
- Configure Accounts
- Configure managed accounts
- Configure Service Account
- Configure Password change settings
- Specify Authentication Providers
- Manage Trust
- Manage Web Part Security
- Farm backup and restore operations
- Server Administration
- Configuration database changes
- Site Collection Administration
- Site Collection Content Database
- Quota Changes
- Feature Administration
- Web Application Administration
- Web Application Administration User Policy
- Service Application
- Form & Feature Template Administration
- Content Database
- Configure Groups
- User & Group Migration
administrative actions log is avilable in sharepoint server 2016 feature pack 1 onwards. You need to enable administrative actions log using central admin. Follow the step by step procedure below to enable.
Navigate to central administration
Click on “Monitoring” form left navigation
Click on “Configure usage and health data collection” present under “Reporting”.
You will find an option “Administrative Actions” events to log check box under event selection. Select the check box and click “OK” to make enable administrative actions event log.
Enable administrative actions log in sharepoint 2019 | usage and health data collection | #usagelog
Categories: Monitoring, sharepoint server health check
Leave a Reply